Welcome to Cycle Sense – cycle skills and safety training
Cycle Sense provides cycle training in County Cork, Cork City and County Kerry with children, adults, and groups.
2019 is an exciting time of change for us at Cycle Sense.
We have enthusiastically thrown ourselves into an ISBC social enterprise course at the Ludgate in Skibbereen. We are working hard to develop our dream of making a significant impact on the number of people enjoying the many benefits of cycling.
We plan to carry on with the successful Cycle Right programme in schools
- Strengthen the links with schools by working with parents and teachers.
- Offer community groups, clubs and individuals a ‘cycling package’ of cycle training, maintenance, equipment advice and consultancy on the needs of the cyclist.
- Run Cycle-to-Work programmes for small to large companies offering management consultancy, seminars, bike maintenance workshops and cycling sessions with employees so they can approach cycling confidently and competently.
- Train trainees in bike maintenance by refurbishing unwanted bicycles to be sold at an affordable price.
- Be a voice in the campaign for an improvement in traffic conditions for cyclists
- Improve the accessibility of our programmes with a range of adaptable bikes for children and adults with special needs.
Katie, Ruth and Karl at Cycle Sense would love to see cycling is a normal part of transport and everyday life in Ireland.
If you are unsure of the reasons why look here (PDF file).
If you are just getting started here are Top Ten Tips for Safe Cycling.
Check out the pictures in our Gallery!