Individual training is for you if
- You would like a refresher course on cycling with traffic on today’s roads
- You have a particular route or goal in mind
- You would like to learn to cycle with one to one instruction
- You would like to learn to cycle protectively with children
What happens during cycle training?
The training will start on an off-road location. Here a bike check and some basic cycling skills needed for safe cycling can be practised.
Then the training moves onto the road. Here assertive road positioning and behaviour which are the key to safe cycling, are discussed and practised.
Areas that can be covered:
- The theory of on-road cycling
- Positioning and observation
- Use of gears, braking, cycling one-handed / signalling and looking behind
- Busier roads
- Junctions, bad / blind bends
- Using cycle facilities on and off road
- Protective cycling with children
The training is for 1 to 1½ hours and usually situated on the roads where the individual or group usually cycles.
How to book
Please see the Making a Booking page.